Noah's Pudding (Ashura).
You can cook Noah's Pudding (Ashura) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Noah's Pudding (Ashura)
- Prepare 1 cup of barley (soak overnight).
- Prepare 1/2 of fave beans,canned(or any white beans).
- Prepare 1/2 of chick beans,canned.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 6-7 of cloves.
- It’s 10 of dry apricot.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of raisins.
- You need 7 of dry figs.
- Prepare 1 of apple.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar (if you like more sweet add more).
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 6 of chestnuts/toasted (optional).
- Prepare of To garnish :.
- You need 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2-3 of dry apricots.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crushed walnuts.
Noah's Pudding (Ashura) instructions
- Drain and Transfer the barley to a large, deep pan and bring to boil. add cloves and cinnamon stick.Reduce the heat and simmer for about 35 minutes, or until the barley is tender, topping up with the water during the cooking time if necessary..
- Cut figs,apricots into small pieces,place all the dried fruit in separate bowls and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, then drain.peel and cut apple,into small cubes..
- Barley cooked,drain and rinse peas and beans,add into barley.add drained raisins,and apricots,add figs with their juices.stir..
- Add apples and sugar.keep stirring,about 5 minutes.turn the heat off.Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. leave the pudding to cool…
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the pudding and arrange the sliced dried figs, apricots, sultanas and walnuts over the top.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over generously..
- Little note: make sure you have enough water with barley.because when pudding is cooled,water will shrink,you do not want to eat dry pudding right?.