Tembleque. Stir coconut milk, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan. Spoon a few tablespoons of the coconut milk mixture into a small bowl and stir cornstarch into the mixture. Tembleque, which means "wiggly," is a creamy coconut pudding that's famous throughout Puerto Rico.
Drill or punch a small hole into the bottom of each coconut. (Do this one at a time) Allow the coconut water to drain into a large bowl and set a side. Do this to all the coconuts. Here is a delicious coffee recipe. You can have Tembleque using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tembleque
- Prepare 3 cups of Whole Milk.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of Corn Starch.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need of Ground Cinnamon (garnish).
It is sure to be a favorite with my Puerto Rican friends & family. A coconut dessert pudding from Puerto Rico. IPA(key): /temˈbleke/, [t̪ẽmˈbleke]. tembleque (plural tembleques). shaky, trembling. tembleque m (plural tembleques). shakes, jitters. temblequera. temblar. Tembleque is a coconut dessert pudding from Puerto Rico.
- Combine the milk and the cream of coconut in a cooking pot. Do not turn on the stove yet..
- Add the corn starch, sugar, salt and vanilla. Start cooking slowly in a low-med temperature. Stir using a small whisk..
- Continue cooking and whisking the batter in a low-med temperature until it thickens..
- Remove from the burner and put the batter in a 9 inch mold or 5 to 6 (4oz) soufflé cups. Let it sit for 30 mins before put it/them on the fridge..
- Refrigerate for about 4 to 6 hours. Garnish with cinnamon before serving. Enjoy!!! 😊.
It is one of the most popular desserts in Puerto Rican cuisine. Tembleque is made by cooking coconut milk, salt, cornstarch and sugar. Great savings on hotels in Tembleque, Spain online. Read hotel reviews and choose the best hotel deal for your stay. Este delicioso postre nació en Puerto Rico y es un deleite tanto para la vista, como para el paladar.