Rice Pudding (Arroz con Leche). Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. Strain out the liquid, discard the cinnamon and reserve the rice. Sweet and simple, this creamy arroz con leche recipe is real comfort food in any language.
Arroz con leche (rice with milk) is the Spanish and Hispanic American type of rice pudding. Leftover rice is often used, especially in restaurants. Rice puddings are found in nearly every area of the world. You can have Rice Pudding (Arroz con Leche) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding (Arroz con Leche)
- Prepare 7 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- It’s 2 large of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 5 of cloves.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
Recipes can greatly vary even within a single country. The dessert can be boiled or baked. Freeze your leftover rice and turn it into this sweet and simple spiced-up pudding for a quick dessert. If you have a soft spot in your heart for creamy rice pudding, arroz con leche delivers a flavorful upgrade and will satisfy your cold-weather dessert craving.
Rice Pudding (Arroz con Leche) step by step
- Add water, cinnamon sticks and cloves in large simmering pot. Bring to boil..
- Once water is rapidly boiling add rice and stir. Lower heat to medium flame. Cook uncovered for about 25 min..
- Remove all cloves and both cinnamon sticks. Drain rice in a mesh strainer. Place rice back in pan..
- Lower heat to low. Add whole milk, then stir. Add both the evaporated and sweetened milks. Continue stirring constantly until liquid thickens. Make sure to scrape bottom of pan so the rice or liquid doesn't stick. About 15 min..
- Turn off stove top. Add raisins and stir. They'll plump up with the heat from the cooked rice. Let pudding sit for about 20 minutes and serve. Enjoy!! Pudding could be eaten warm or cold. Your choice..
- Be sure to refrigerate any remaining leftovers..
Easy Rice Pudding With A Hint of Citrus. Arroz con Leche is one of the world's favorite desserts. Citrus essences of orange and lemon are the hallmarks of this Spanish version and add to the vibrancy of cinnamon and vanilla. This Arroz con Leche recipe is equally satisfying served warm after dinner. Rice pudding (arroz con leche) made the traditional Mexican way, with both whole and evaporated milk and an aromatic touch of cinnamon.