You can cook Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding
- Prepare 2 cup of Thai glutinous rice.
- It’s 5 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground fresh nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 2 of black cardamom seeds.
- It’s 4 of green cardamom seeds.
- It’s 1 large of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of vanilla bean (or 2 tsp extract).
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
Rice Pudding instructions
- Put 3 1/2 cups coconut milk, honey, vanilla and spices in a large saucepan. Reserve remaining coconut milk. Cover and leave at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Put sauce pan on medium high heat and bring to a low boil stirring frequently..
- Reduce to medium and cover. Simmer 15 minutes, stir regularly..
- When it has reduced by 3/4 cup, remove the spices and vanilla bean with a strainer..
- Return to medium high and a low boil, add coconut oil and sugar..
- Add rice and boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes..
- Reduce to low and cover until all liquid is absorbed..
- Stir well and add remaining coconut milk..
- Return to medium high and bring to a low boil, stirring constantly..
- Reduce to low, cover and leave it for 15 minutes..
- If the rice is still too firm, add 1/2 cup coconut milk and repeat until desired consistency..
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and ginger sugar, cinnamon or coco powder..
- Serve warm, enjoy.;-).