You can have Maja Blanca using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- Prepare 1 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 4 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 can of corn kernel (370 ml).
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk (370 ml).
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut flakes.
Maja Blanca instructions
- Using medium heat,pour in the coconut milk,sugar and the corn kernel in a pan.Stir gently until sugar is melted. In a bowl,mix cornstarch and evaporated milk,stirring continuously until all the lumps disappear and only a smooth mixture is left.Occasionally stir the cornstarch mix while you wait for the coconut milk to boil gently to prevent the cornstarch from settling..
- Gradually add the cornstarch mix and raisins into the coconut milk,stirring continuously to incorporate the new mixture.Once done,start stirring the maja blanca quickly.This action helps develop the gluten in the cornstarch and cause it to thicken.Look for a consistency that is thick but not lumpy..
- Once the maja blanca is done,pour the mixture into a greased rectangular pan and allow to cool to set it..
- Sprinkle the top with coconut flakes or latik and cut into squares or triangles before serving..