Indian Rice Pudding.
You can have Indian Rice Pudding using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Rice Pudding
- It’s 2 cup of Basmati or other long grain white rice.
- Prepare 3 cup of Whole milk (4%).
- You need 1 can of Coconut milk (13.5 ounces).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 cup of Golden raisins.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped pistachios or almonds.
Indian Rice Pudding instructions
- Cook the rice with 3.5 cups water. Set aside..
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the rice and milk until boiling..
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes..
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the raisins and nuts..
- Stir continuously while cooking another 5-10 minutes until slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat. Add the raisins and nuts..
- Transfer pudding to a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. This will prevent a "skin" from forming..
- Serve at room temperature or chilled..