Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding. Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding is so creamy with the perfect texture and sweetness. Only a handful of ingredients and a little patience are needed to make this old time favorite dessert. This Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding tastes just like the KozyShack Rice Pudding I like to buy at the grocery store.
Add an egg yolk or two. To avoid scrambling your eggs, remove a small amount of the hot mixture and whisk it into the. All Reviews for Old Fashioned Creamy Rice Pudding. You can cook Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of ground cinnamon for garnish.
Our Old-Fashioned rice Pudding recipe is a perfect example. Some things from the past simply can't be improved upon. Our old-fashioned rice pudding recipe is a perfect example. The flavor conjures up the good old days, when mealtime seemed special and you always had seconds.
Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish..
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let stand 15 -20 minutes to set up and thicken. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled..
In a sauce pan over medium-low heat, mix together all ingredients. This is simplicity itself, place the rice and sugar in the ovenproof dish. This easy slow cooker dessert recipe makes rice pudding with almost no effort from you. Old Fashioned Rice Pudding …old fashioned comfort food at it's best! This recipe came from Taste of Home, the recipe site that makes it their business to give you fantastic recipes every day of the year anytime you need them.