Guatemalan Arroz con leche.
You can cook Guatemalan Arroz con leche using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Guatemalan Arroz con leche
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Rice.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar (or to taste).
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Raisins (to taste).
Guatemalan Arroz con leche instructions
- Pour 2 cups of water into a medium size pot. Allow the water to boil..
- Add rice and the cinnamon stick to the boiling water. (For best results, break the cinnamon stick outside of the pot ).
- Cook rice until the consistency is soft and "spongy".
- Add milk, evaporated milk, salt, sugar and raisins stirring occasionally to ensure even flavor distribution.
- Continue to cook the rice pudding on LOW heat until most of the milk has been consumed by the rice..
- Serve and Enjoy! :).