You can have Cheese Flan using 9 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese Flan
- It’s of Flan.
- You need 2 packages of cream cheese – 8 ounces each.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- You need 1 can of condensed sweetened milk – 14 ounces.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk – 12 ounces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Caramel.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
Cheese Flan step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium saucepan or kettle boil roughly 4 cups of water.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar & water over medium low heat.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Continue heating over medium low heat, without stirring, for another 10-15 minutes until it turns a deep amber color.
- Once is it ready, pour into a 11×7×2 baking dish.
- Completely coat the bottom of the dish & set aside.
- Throw the cream cheese & eggs into a blender & blend until smooth.
- Pour half of this mixture into a large bowl.
- In the blender with the remaining amount of mixture, add both the condensed & evaporated milk. Blend until smooth.
- Combine this mixture with the other half of the cheese & egg mixture. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Pour into the caramel coated baking dish.
- Put the 11×7×2 dish into a 9×13×2 dish.
- Pour the 4 cups of water, which should now be boiling, into the 9×13×2 dish until it halfway reaches the 11×7×2 dish.
- It's okay if you don't use all the boiling water as long as it halfway reaches the 11×7×2.
- Cover the entire thing with foil, including the 9×13×2 dish.
- Place in the over for 40-45 minutes.
- You can test for readiness by inserting a knife through the center of the flan. If it comes out clean, it is ready.
- Let it cool for an hour, then place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.