Coconut pudding in real coconut. Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding with a tropical kick – super easy to make, a real joy to eat and it's vegan too! Maybe even better than the "original"? All throughout my childhood I had to eat rice pudding.
Try this gluten-free, vegan recipe for a guilt-free treat! This old fashioned Homemade Coconut Pudding made with coconut milk and coconut cream is the perfect Coconut custard cannot be made without dairy. It simply will not emulate the real thing. You can have Coconut pudding in real coconut using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut pudding in real coconut
- You need 1 of young coconut.
- It’s 1 envelope of gelatin (=2 ½ tsp = 7 grams).
- It’s 1 cup of fresh coconut water from the coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar (optional).
The rice is tender but not mushy, and coconut is present but not overwhelming. Any leftovers will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several days, perfect for enjoying hot or cold. If you LOVE coconut, this Creamy Coconut Pudding recipe is for you! It is vegan, paleo, dairy-free and made with fresh coconuts.
Coconut pudding in real coconut instructions
- Cut open the coconut. Watch video for full instruction: youtube.com/watch?v=Ay0e8nXt72Q.
- Pour the coconut water into a bowl.
- Transfer 1 cup filtered coconut water into a saucepan.
- Add milk, sugar and gelatin to the saucepan.
- Whisk the mixture and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the mixture gently and stir until dissolved. Then remove from heat.
- Pour 1 cup mixture back the coconut shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
With all this delicious coconut meat to use up, I decided that pudding was in order. Creamy, dairy-free pudding that's naturally sweetened and ready in minutes! Although I enjoyed the coconut custard I made earlier this month, it didn't turn out as creamy as I had hoped. Once thickened, the coconut pudding mixture is divided into four small dessert dishes or ramekins. It's then placed in the refrigerator to set.