Pecan Pie Bread Pudding. Cut the bread into cubes and let sit out about an hour to dry out a bit. Pecan Pie filling poured over thick pieces of bread and baked to perfection! Pecan pie bread pudding melds the best, most obscenely, ridiculously rich aspects of pecan pie and bread pudding.
I know there are pecan pie bread pudding recipes out there, but this one with the rum is just over the top ahhhh-mazing! The rum sauce makes the pudding sweeter and richer. This is easy to throw together. You can have Pecan Pie Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 loaf of bread of your choice. I like Challah or Brioche.
- It’s 4 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of milk or cream.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 stick of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Don't worry, we've got you covered. We give you: pecan pie bread pudding. FULL RECIPE BELOW: We can't stop raving about this bread pudding recipe with a bit of a Southern twist. Bread puddings are so easy to throw together and my family and friends love them.
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding instructions
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes. Place in large bowl. Set aside..
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon..
- Pour milk mixture over bread and mix to coat bread..
- Set aside so the bread can absorb the liquid about 15 minutes..
- Mix the brown sugar, softened butter and pecans until it resembles wet sand..
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter or non stick spray..
- Pour half of the mixture into pan. Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture evenly over..
- Repeat another layer of bread mixture then brown sugar mix on top..
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Middle will have slight jiggle but will firm up as it cools..
- Serve warm or cold..
- * Note ***.
- Can use smaller pan for thicker results. Just cook longer if using 8×8 or 9×9 pan..
Check out the quick recipe video below to see how easy they are to Every holiday season we love to make a bread pudding. This year I want to try out this lovely Pecan Pie Bread Pudding. The bread pudding stays moist and delicious and is topped with a sweet and nutty pecan caramel glaze. This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here. So one night, I went to experimenting….and after I made the batter for my pecan pie and put it in the Instant Pot, I fell asleep.