Cornbread Pudding. I love serving this satisfying corn bread pudding recipe with shrimp or other seafood. Stir in cornbread mix just until blended. I am always on the search for easy recipes that.
This cornbread pudding tastes one hundred times better when you make the cream corn from scratch. Serve this decadent bread pudding as a Thanksgiving side, or as breakfast the day after. Cornbread pudding is like spoon bread. You can have Cornbread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornbread Pudding
- You need 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese soft.
- You need 2 of beaten eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 box of cornbread jiffy.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 can of cream corn.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of frozen corn (1 bag will do).
- It’s Dash of salt.
- It’s 2 of tea. Nutmeg.
Cornbread pudding makes a great dish to take to any event or make it for any occasion. Corn pudding (a.k.a. pudding corn, puddin' corn, hoppy glop, spoonbread) is a creamy food product prepared from stewed corn, water, any of various thickening agents, and optional additional flavoring or texturing ingredients. Cornbread Pudding, Easy Cornbread Pudding, Cornbread Pudding. This triple-corn bread pudding is perfect with barbecue chicken and coleslaw.
Cornbread Pudding instructions
- I use my crockpot, but can do in the oven @ 350. Spray pan or crockpot with cooking spary..
- Mix cream cheese, eggs and sugar. Add cornbread mix, butter,milk, cream of corn, frozen corn, salt, nutmeg. Mix all together, pour in pan or crockpot..
- Crockpot- place a paper towel between lid and crockpot. 2-4 hrs on high. Cook in pan till it drowns. Crockpot- cook till it’s starts to pull away from the sides, the last 30mins remove lid to help it brown up or can just brown the top in the oven for 5-10 mins or so..
- Crockpot- my crockpot I can place the dish in the oven, I used my smaller crockpot don’t use a big one, can use the casserole crockpot if you have one. This is what it looks like when you brown it in the oven.(also the only picture I have of this dish.).
Not sure what to do with leftover cornbread? Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. For something a little different, you could try this recipe from Martha Stewart. It requires that you have left over cornbread, which I suppose could happen (not at my house). This savory bread pudding is made using day old homemade cornbread.