Samak Rice Kheer.
You can have Samak Rice Kheer using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Samak Rice Kheer
- It’s 1/2 Cup of sama rice.
- Prepare 1 Ltr of milk (full creame or toned).
- It’s 1/4 Cup of chopped dry fruits like almonds, cashew and pistachio.
- Prepare 4 pods of cardamom.
- Prepare 8 Tsp of sugar.
Samak Rice Kheer instructions
- 1) First of all clean the sama rice properly and wash 2-3 times. Keep it aside till needed..
- 2) Heat a heavy bottom pan and add milk. Start boiling the milk..
- 3) Once milk start boiling add the sama rice and stir nicely. Cook on medium heat until rice is cooked. If rice is soaked then cooking takes less time. In general I do not soak rice in water as I want rice grain to have the milk flavor inside..
- 4) Keep strirring on regular interval else rice may burn in the bottom of the pan. By this time sama rice grains will become double in size and kheer thickens..
- 5) Now add cardamom powder and dry fruits. Mix nicely and boil for another 3-4 minutes on low heat..
- 6) Sama rice kheer or vrat ke chawal ki kheer is ready to serve. You can either serve hot or let it cool down to room temperature and then serve..