Rice pudding with spices – meghli. It is a delicious rice pudding spiced with anise, cinnamon and caraway and garnished with shredded coconut and nuts. I prepared Meghli with my mother in law following the family recipe, a very simple recipe that now all of you will be able to follow. Siyadieh is a savoury rice dish from south Lebanon cooked with fish, fried onions and fragrant spices, then garnished with caramelized onions and toasted.
This traditional Lebanese Rice Flour Pudding has the aroma of foreign spices and a texture and flavor completely unique to my American taste buds. My first taste of this pudding was as a special gift to me when I found out I was having a baby boy. In Lebanese culture, when you find out you are having. You can have Rice pudding with spices – meghli using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice pudding with spices – meghli
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 9 cups of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of caraway powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of aniseed powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fennel powder.
- Prepare of For garnishing:.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut powder.
- You need 1 cup of raw almonds or walnuts.
- You need 3/4 cup of raw pine nuts.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes. If you were expecting a baby and you lived in the middle east. It is basically a rice pudding that is spiced with anise, caraway and cinnamon. The traditional Lebanese rice pudding called meghli is a vegan, gluten, and dairy-free dish that is traditionally consumed to celebrate the birth of a baby.
Rice pudding with spices – meghli instructions
- In a pot, put the rice powder with 2 cups of water. Stir them for 3 minutes..
- Add the remaining 7 cups water, the spices and the sugar to the pot and put it on high heat. Start stirring immediately as you put the pot on heat..
- Continue stirring continuously until the mixture thickens. Turn off heat..
- Pour in small serving cups and wait until the meghli cools completely before placing the cups in the refrigerator..
- To serve, garnish with a layer of coconut powder, pine nuts and almonds or walnuts..
It is also said that the brown color of the spiced pudding is symbolic for the richness of soil, while the rough texture of the nuts on top represents. Meghli, moghli, meghleh, (Arabic: مغلي), or karawiyah, is a Levantine dessert based on a floured rice pudding and spiced with anise, caraway, and cinnamon. The dish is often garnished with dried coconut flakes and various nuts including almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, and pistachios. Custard Recipes Pudding Recipes Middle Eastern Rice Pudding Recipe Lebanese Desserts Lebanese Recipes Ramadan Sweets Easy Desserts It's made from a deep fried paste of chick peas, fava beans, and a mix of onions and different spices. Our featured Falafel recipe is good for a serving.