Greek Rice Pudding (Rizogalo). Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Perfectly served warm, at room temperature or straight out from the fridge. Greek rice pudding is a thick and creamy treat — it takes quite a bit of stirring action to thicken properly, but the end result is really worth the effort.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar melts. Reduce heat to low and add the rice. This Greek Rice pudding recipe might be one of the best Greek desserts out there. You can have Greek Rice Pudding (Rizogalo) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Rice Pudding (Rizogalo)
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- You need 4 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Corn Flour.
- You need 1 of Vanilla stick or powder.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
It is a labor of love, but the results are worth is – every Greek One of the biggest request we've gotten between both sites is this recipe. Greek Rice pudding, in Greek – Rizogalo – Ρυζόγαλο, is something we'd never. Rice pudding was always my favorite treat. In Greece we make it using milk, sugar, short grain (white) rice, some cornstarch to thicken it, lemon peel & vanilla for flavoring, and ground cinnamon on top.
Greek Rice Pudding (Rizogalo) instructions
- Pour the water into a sauce pan and add the rice. Let boil for about 10 minutes..
- Once the rice has boiled drain, and add 3 1/2 cups of the Milk stir and simmer for 15 minutes but you need to keep stirring, so that the rice does not stick. Dissolve the Corn Flour into the 1/2 cup of Milk that’s left over and add into the sauce pan along with the Sugar. Stir and continue to boil for at least 10 minutes until thick..
- Once the Rizogalo has thickened add the Vanilla, stir and then pour into your desserts bowls. Let it cool for 1 hour and top with Cinnamon. This dessert can eaten warm or cold..
- Kali Orexi!!!.
No eggs in this rice pudding recipe. Also, Greek Rice Pudding is almost always. Rizogalo is one of my favourite desserts. When making rizogalo, you cant stray too far away from the kitchen, as this dish requires constant stirring. This easy Greek Rice pudding can also be made vegan if you use almond or coconut milk.