Lisa's banana pudding from scratch. Lisa's banana pudding from scratch This is so good my boyfriend always gets step mom Lisa to make this for his birthday. Banana Pudding HOMEMADE from Scratch Recipe. Perfect for Christmas or any Holiday !
This is the best banana pudding. You might think of it as an hours-long process to get the perfect dessert for the church potluck or a quick treat to whip up with pre-made ingredients like Cool Whip and Jell-O pudding. My husband thinks of this recipe as the former and his childhood favorite dessert made by his grandmother. You can cook Lisa's banana pudding from scratch using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lisa's banana pudding from scratch
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- You need 4 of eggs separated at room temp.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 box of nilla wafers.
- It’s 4 of bananas.
How to Make Banana Pudding From Scratch. Combine Dry Ingredients & Milk: In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Cook the Mixture: Cook the milk and dry ingredient mixture over medium heat and stir until it begins to thicken and it just starts to bubble. The homemade banana pudding is sweet, luscious, and smooth with big nostalgic appeal.
Lisa's banana pudding from scratch instructions
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour and salt..
- Stir in egg yolks and milk. Blend well..
- Cook uncovered on medium heat until bringing to boil..
- Stirring constantly until thickets. Remove from heat..
- Add vanilla extract..
- Spread mixture over layers of bills wafers and sliced bananas..
- Use remaining sugar and egg whites from merengue on top. Stirring together until it thickens..
- Bake at 425°F for about five minutes or until top is brown..
The texture from the wafers and the bananas, both suspended in thick and creamy, is pure good old-fashioned comfort food in a bowl. If you've never made Nilla Wafer banana pudding from scratch, you're going to love it. Easy Banana Pudding is so simple to whip up for any occasion. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Give up on the banana pudding idea & just make vanilla pudding and top with sliced, fresh bananas.