Sticky Toffee Pudding.
You can have Sticky Toffee Pudding using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Prepare of Pudding.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 of cups chopped pitted good quality dates.
- You need 1 1/2 of cups sifted all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 of cup unsalted butter.
- You need 1 1/4 of cups light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 of cup heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 of teaspoon vanilla extract.
Sticky Toffee Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour muffin pan..
- Bring dates and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium heavy saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in baking soda. Let it cool down a bit then puree the dates with the liquid in a food processor. Set aside..
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Reserve..
- Using your mixer, lightly beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl..
- Add an egg, half of flour mixture and half of date mixture. Beat to blend again..
- Repeat step above. So, add last egg and the other half of flour and date mixture. Blend again..
- Pour batter into muffin pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Insert toothpick to test, if it comes out clean, then it's done. Set aside to cool..
- For SAUCE: Warm butter, sugar and cream then bring to boil in a small heavy saucepan. Stir constantly in medium heat. Give it 3 to 5 minutes then remove from heat. Stir in vanilla as it cools down..
- Brush or drizzle sauce over each mini pudding cakes..
- Top with roasted walnuts (optional)..
- Serve with whipped cream or with your favourite vanilla ice-cream..