Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe. In a large mixing bowl, pour hot milk over bread. This recipe is proof-positive that leftover bread can easily be converted to dessert without much work There's room for customization here: consider adding fresh or dried fruit or a combination of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and Simple Bread Pudding. Sweet bread pudding is where leftover stale bread gets a second chance at greatness.
How to Eat Bread Pudding for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (and Dessert, Duh!) Sweet or savory, bread pudding is the ultimate comfort food. Basically everything worth eating, all rolled into one dish. Get the recipe from Taylor Takes A Taste. You can cook Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe
- Prepare 8 cups of stale bread that's been cut into 1-inch cubes (See notes above re: types of bread.).
- Prepare 4 of large eggs plus 1 egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 of +3/4 cups whole milk.
- It’s 3/4-1 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet you like your desserts.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt (a little less if you're using regular table salt).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of butter, melted.
Courtesy of Buns in My Oven. If you'd like to learn how to bake bread, here's a wonderful place to start. This easy white bread recipe bakes up deliciously golden brown. There's nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through my kitchen as it bakes. —Sandra Anderson, New York, New York.
Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine all ingredients but the bread in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all sugar is dissolved..
- Pour the bread into the custard mixture and fold gently to coat. Allow it to steep for about 7 minutes, and gently turn again to make sure all the bread is soaked. Allow it to steep another 10 minutes to soak up as much of the custard as possible..
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish or 9 x 9 casserole/baking dish and pour in the bread and custard mixture, stirring gently to distribute evenly..
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly and remove from oven to cool. (I’d check at about 35 minutes.) It’s kinda like scrambled eggs in the pan – if they’re firm in the pan, they’ll be overcooked on your plate because the internal heat keeps cooking them..
- Cool for at least 20 minutes to allow it to set..
While most recipes for bread pudding are quite similar, it's the bread to custard ratio that differs the most. Either way you decide to create this sweet morning treat. Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. Other ingredients will depend on whether the bread is meant to be sweet or. Day-old bread works best in this recipe.