You can cook Cheesecake Flan using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesecake Flan
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 (8 ounce) of package of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 1 (14 ounce) of can of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 (12 ounce) of can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
Cheesecake Flan step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Have ready a 10 inch round baking pan and a larger pan for baking pan to fot in for a wayer bath.
- In a small heavy saucepan heat 1 cup of the sugar and lemon juice over medium heat until melted, stir just a few times with a small rubber spatula to insure even heating, swirl pan once sugar melts. This is a quick process, once the sugar melts swirl just until golden.
- As soon as its melted and starting to color pour into your baking dish tilting to try to cover bottom. If it starts to stick and stops moving don't worry it will work itself out in the oven.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating each egg in.
- Beat in condensed, milk, evaporated milk heavy cream, salt, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over melted sugar in baking dish.
- Place a kitchen towel in roasting pan that holds the baking dish to prevent slipping.
- Place filled baking dish on towel and fill baking dish with enough hot water to come just halfway up baking dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until center is just set. Cool on wire rack until room temperature then cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To un mold run a thin knife around flan and invert onto serving platter.
- Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.