Mushroom Flan with Basil.
You can cook Mushroom Flan with Basil using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Flan with Basil
- Prepare 6 of walnuts.
- You need 1 bunch of basil.
- You need 1 lb of button mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter plus more for ramekins.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of half-and-half.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s pinch of five-spice powder.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper.
Mushroom Flan with Basil step by step
- Shell & crush 5 walnuts, reserve the 6th. Rinse the basil & chop half. Lightly rinse, dry, & dice mushrooms. Saute in a tablespoon of butter for 10 mins over high heat..
- Preheat the oven to 350° & butter the 4 ramekins. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half-and-half, sour cream, five-spice powder, salt & pepper. Add the mushrooms, peeled & crushed garlic, crushed walnuts & the chopped basil. Pour into the ramekins. Bake for 20 mins..
- In a food processor, blend a few basil leaves with lemon juice & place in a pan over low heat. Whisk the remaining butter in gradually until incorporated. Season with salt & pepper..
- Invert the flans into plates surrounded by basil butter, and garnished with the remaining basil leaves & 1/4 walnut..