Bread Pudding. Find Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. Find Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. Want To Learn How To Make Delicious Pudding?
Also add a pinch of nutmeg and mace to produce a sumptuous holiday dessert. Otherwise, enjoy this just as it is with a dollop of whipped cream. This bread pudding is the best I have ever tasted. You can cook Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need 4 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins, optional.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 6 slice of day old bread.
My husband loves bread pudding and is never satisfied with what I make. I made your bread pudding and he was raving. He almost ate half of the pan. My grandson was here at the time and he kept wanting more.
Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Break bread into small pieces in an 8" square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter on top of bread and if desired garnish with raisins..
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated. Add milk and mix until combined..
- Pour mixture over bread. Distribute evenly. Take a fork and gently soak bread into mixture..
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bread springs back when lightly touched..
Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread. Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food. Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to.