Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan). Use dariole moulds instead of one large dish for individual serves. Can use condensed milk or even thickened cream instead of cocnut milkYou can. After beating the eggs start adding brown sugar and coconut milk little by little.
Jaggery is basically a hardened block of sugar, and almost everywhere else in the world it is made with cane. Add grated jaggery, brown sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract and nutmeg powder. Blend until it becomes fluffy without any lumps. You can have Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan)
- It’s 250 grams of jagerry.
- Prepare 50 grams of coconut milk powder.
- It’s 250 ml of warm water.
- Prepare 5 of whole eggs.
- You need 3 of cardamon.
- You need 1 slice of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed cashew nuts.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sultanas.
At one point I had to substitute coconut milk with cow milk – it tasted more like caramel pudding. Watalappan: delectable pudding made with jaggery and coconut milk, topped with cashew nuts – Picture of Upali's, Colombo. You'll love this creamy coconut milk pudding that's made with coconut milk and cream cheese. Puffed Lotus Seed Pudding (using Coconut milk & Jaggery) Rice rava jaggery coconut milk pongal/biyyapu rava bellam pappu pongali/indian Ada Pradhaman Recipe-Kerala style (with jaggery and coconut milk)-Onam Sadya Menu.
Jeggery Coconut milk Pudding ( Watalappan) step by step
- Crush jaggery and mix with 100ml water. Add cardamon, cinnamon. Heat and mix well until jaggery dissolve completely, bring to boil, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove heat & cool down..
- Mix 150ml warm water & coconut milk powder. Mix well. Strain the jaggery mix to remove spices and pour into coconut milk, mix well..
- Whisk the whole eggs well and mix with the jaggery liquid , add nutmeg powder mix well..
- Pour the whole liquid mixture in a Pyrex bowl. In pre heated oven pour hot water in baking tray so that the bowl is 1/2 or 1/3 immersed. Cook for 45 min in 180°C..
- Serve cold with crushed nut and sultanas. You can add nuts in mixture also but I like it separate..
Watalappam / Watalappan or Vatalappam is a Coconut custard pudding made of Coconut milk or Condensed milk, Jaggery, Cashew nuts, Eggs and various Spices. The dish is believed to have brought to the country by Sri Lankan Malays. Can use condensed milk or even thickened cream instead of cocnut milkYou can also vary or enhance the aroma and flavour by adding cinnamon or all spice. The most important thing when you make watalappan should be with out any excess liquid. Watalappam (also called watalappan or vattalappam) (Sinhala: වටලප්පන් Tamil: வாட்டபாலம்) is a coconut custard pudding made of coconut milk or condensed milk, jaggery, cashew nuts, eggs, various spices, including cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg.