Original nilla banana pudding. How to Prepare Without a Double BoilerA double boiler helps to keep custards, such as the pudding filling for this recipe, smooth. If you don't have a double boiler, you can make your own by placing a heatproof bowl. This is the Banana Pudding that my mom made.
How to Make Original 'Nilla Banana Pudding. This is the Original Nilla Banana Pudding. I know this is a not my Original, however I am putting it here so I can find this recipe when I don't get the Nilla Brand. You can cook Original nilla banana pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Original nilla banana pudding
- It’s of what you need:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar, divided.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour dash of salt.
- You need 3 of eggs seperated.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 45 of NILLA Wafers,divided.
- Prepare 5 of bananas,sliced.
Spoon on top of pudding, spreading to cover entire surface and sealing well to edges. Just before serving, garnish with banana slices, then stand Nilla Wafers upright around edge of dish. Spoon on top of pudding, spreading to cover entire surface and sealing well to edges. Creamy sweet banana pudding is the best dessert to bring for a party!
Original nilla banana pudding instructions
- heat oven 350°f.
- mix 1/2 cup sugar,flour and salt on top of double boiler.Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water 10 to 15 min or until thickened. stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- place a small amount of custard at bottom of baking dish. Then line Nillas Wafer 1/3 of dish with bananas then pouring over small amounts of custard then repeat 3x till it reaches edge..
- Beat remaining egg whites high speed of mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form . Spread over custard. sealing well to edge of dish.
- bake 15 to 20 min or until lightly brown. cool slightly and serve with reservered wafers just before serving..
It steals the show with its light banana flavor, thick pudding, and crunchy I have a soft spot in my heart for homemade banana pudding. It's one of my very favorite desserts. It's requires simple ingredients, comes together pretty. This Original NILLA Banana Pudding, with its airy custard and delicioso banana goodness, will please your merienda guests – young and old alike. Your family and friends will love this cool, creamy banana pudding that includes nilla wafers, sour cream, and cool whip.