Mom's Bread Pudding.
You can have Mom's Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's Bread Pudding
- It’s 4 cup of bread cubes.
- It’s 3 of eggs (separated).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of milk (warmed).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of pear.
- It’s 1 of apple.
- You need 1/4 cup of white raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dried blueberries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
Mom's Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cut bread (I used 2 day old French & Ciabatta) into 1"cubes..
- Cut pears & apples into very small cubes, or thin slices and add to bread. Sprinkle with blueberries, raisins and nuts..
- Whip egg whites until foamy. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and lightly whip into egg whites..
- Warm milk (do not scald) and add brown sugar and vanilla. Gently stir in the egg yolks..
- Immediately pour over bread mixture and mix until bread is well saturated. Let sit for 20 minutes..
- Add egg whites and gently fold into bread mix until well coated..
- Lightly coat a 9×11 baking pan with cooking spray and add bread mixture..
- Place in preheated oven and bake u covered for 1 hour. Check for doneness; a knife or toothpick should come out clean from the center..
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with vanilla ice cream, fresh cream, or butter and maple syrup..