Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan.
You can cook Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 1 can of Sweet Condensed Milk (regular size).
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 box of 8oz cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan step by step
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a blender, mix evaporated & condensed milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cream cheese. Mix well all the ingredients..
- In a sause pan, place the sugar and leave it set on low fire. Stir ocassionaly with a fork until sugar melts and makes a caramel. (WARNING: Do not touch the caramel with your hands. It will burn you.) Also, do not let the caramel boil. It will get burn and you might have to start over..
- Once you have the caramel done, remove from fire and pour it over a baking pan (not sure the size sorry), or cup cakes pans, and make sure caramel covers the bottom of the pan..
- Pour the milks mixture over the caramel, and place it in the oven for about 45 mins-1 hour or until you stick a tooth pick and comes out dry. Place it in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight which is better..
- Enjoy !! :).