Momma's Bread Pudding.
You can have Momma's Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Momma's Bread Pudding
- You need 1 loaf of raisin bread(thick slice is best).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 3 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of butter or margarine.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
Momma's Bread Pudding step by step
- preheat oven to 350*.
- butter sides and bottom of 8×8"or 9×9" square pan..
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Put first layer with butter side down in pan, fitting to cover bottom!!.
- Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar..
- Add next layer of bread with butter side UP this time.Sprinkle with remainder of spices and sugar..
- Beat eggs well, add a tiny pinch of salt and milk and be sure to blend well.Pour gently over bread in pan and let soak in before putting in oven..
- Bake at 350* for about an hour till golden and slightly crusty on top. Serve with carmel sauce, whipped cream or ice cream. ENJOY!!!!.