Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. Layers of bread baked in a vanilla custard served with creme anglaise. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my.
But what if you were a bit subversive this year? Slice, layer in a baking pan and bath in a cream and egg mixture. It's already sweet so you just need to add. You can have Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates
- It’s 8 slice of multigrain bread.
- Prepare 3 slice of white bread.
- It’s 5 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of caster sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried dates.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of cream.
This old-fashioned dessert has a nice custard flavor with just the right touch of cinnamon. Süt Helvası / Turkish dessert; Bake Milk PuddingCitra's Home Diary. You can't make a perfect bread pudding without the perfect bread—and a days-old ciabatta baguette lends itself nicely to this long-loved dessert. I'll eat it warm, cold, doesn't matter.
Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 (350/360).
- Remove crusts from all bread and butter each slice on one side.
- Cut bread into triangles and place in a baking dish butterside up.
- Sprinkle 3/4 sugar liberally all over buttered bread.
- Chop up dried dates and sprinkle amongst the bread pieces.
- Beat eggs and milk together add vanilla extract.
- Pour over bread and dates do all pieces are soaked..
- Cover and allow to stand for around 10 mins so that the bread absorbs the liquid.
- Bake in oven at 180 (350/360) for around 30 – 35 mins or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
- Serve with cream.
If you haven't had it, but you like French toast, then perhaps it's time you gave it a whirl (I say. The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls Ever. Serve this with cold, thick cream – anything else would be too sweet. It is delicious cold, but can be warmed successfully in the microwave. Caramel Croissant Pudding from Nigella Lawson.