Mexican Bread Pudding. Mexican bread pudding, known as "Budín de Pan", is popularly sold at bakeries, usually made from the sweetbreads that were not sold the day before. This capirotada, or Mexican bread pudding, features layers of nuts, cheese, dried fruit, and bread drizzled with cinnamon-infused sugar syrup. Savory and sweet combination of bread, nuts, fruits, & cheese make this a very unique dessert.
Capirotada is a Mexican bread pudding served at Lent that's popular in Texas. It's made with bread, cheese, and a simple sugar syrup infused with warm spices such as cinnamon and cloves. Capirotada, or Mexican Bread Pudding, is made with layers of crusty bread, raisins, bananas, almonds and cheese all soaked in sweetened cinnamon milk! You can have Mexican Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- It’s 1 cup of regular milk (your choice of milk).
- You need 1/2 cup of raisons.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 loaf of of Texas bread or (your choice of bread).
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of of cinnamon.
This bread pudding is certainly unique, and more delicious than I could have predicted. Capirotada is a Mexican bread pudding often prepared for Lent. Traditionally there are two types of capirotada. Capirotada de agua is water-based while capirotada de leche is milk-based.
Mexican Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a big bowl or recipient crumble bread, into very small pieces.
- In a separate recipient beat 3 eggs & add can of condensed milk, can of evaporated milk, 1 cup of regular milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, walnuts, raisons, & half cup of butter & mix all together..
- Add mixture to crumbled bread & mix very well till all bread is all moistened..
- butter pan 13 × 9 in.
- Add bread pudding mixture into buttered pan.
- Bake time 1 hour & 30 min.
"This dish was served by my mother every Christmas. This bead pudding is lovely with the texture of walnuts and the taste of cinnamon. Mexican Bread Pudding is made with apples, brown sugar and cheddar cheese. This Mexican bread pudding is typically served during the Lenten period. It is prepared with slices of bolillos, a small bread roll, layered with nuts, fruit, cheese and a spiced syrup.