Abuela's Rice Pudding.
You can have Abuela's Rice Pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Abuela's Rice Pudding
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of uncooked white rice.
- You need 2 cup of milk, divided.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt, optional.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of raisens.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Abuela's Rice Pudding instructions
- Bring 1.5 cups of water to boil, stir rice into boiling water..
- Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender..
- In another saucepan, add 1.5 cups of cooked rice & 1.5 cups milk, sugar & salt. Cook over medium heat until thick & creamy for about 15-20 minutes. Stir in remaining 0.5 cup of milk, beaten eggs, & raisins. Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in butter & vanilla..
- *Optional* Sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top..