Golden syrup pudding. This is one of my husbands absolute favourite desserts. It is very similar to a dessert we have in Canada called Pudding Chomeur, which is made with maple syrup, which is the. Golden syrup is so easy to make at home and so amazingly delicious.
It's a bit like a roly. I adore going to her house – she cooks all the time – all that delicious style comfort food that is perfect in the Winter months. This Golden Syrup Self Saucing Pudding is what she has made for me a ton. You can cook Golden syrup pudding using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Golden syrup pudding
- Prepare of Pudding mix.
- You need 1 cup of Self raising flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Custard powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Grated lemon rind.
- Prepare 25 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of Golden syrup.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Hot water.
Your glorious Golden Syrup sponge pudding should be sitting there in all its glory. The golden syrup and the sponge pudding combine to make a delicious flavor. Thank you for the recipe – I know. Grease a two pint heat proof bowl or basin.
Golden syrup pudding step by step
- Turn oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm baking dish..
- Sift flour, custard powder, and sugar into a bowl. Add lemon rind..
- Put butter in a small pot and melt gently..
- Add milk and egg. Whisk it together well..
- Add to flour in bowl. Mix well. Spoon into greased dish..
- Sauce: Put lemon juice, golden syrup and hot water in a jug. Whisk well..
- Carefully pour over pudding. Do not stir it in!.
- Bake 40-45 mins. Serve warm with cream.
DIRECTIONS Place golden syrup into bottom of the pudding dish. Pour batter on top of the golden syrup. In the days when coal ranges were common in New Zealand houses, steaming a pudding gently for several hours on top of the range was an easy matter. Perfectly golden pudding made with rich syrup and served with custard or ice cream. Dust pudding with icing sugar before serving.