Banana Pudding (momma style). In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a. Chef John's luscious marriage of ripe bananas and pudding-soaked vanilla wafers is baked briefly to achieve a beautifully browned meringue topping. "If you like banana cream pie, you'll absolutely love baked banana pudding. Not only is there no pie crust to mess with, but I think the vanilla wafer.
Banana Pudding pairs creamy smooth vanilla pudding with chunks of sweet banana and crunchy vanilla wafers. Some like to layer this dessert, like an English Trifle, so you can see the separate layers of pudding, banana slices, and vanilla wafers. Others like to just mix everything together in one big. You can have Banana Pudding (momma style) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding (momma style)
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar, divided.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, seperated.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 45 of nilla wafers, divided.
It's made with homemade pudding, sliced bananas, and vanilla wafers. This is a simple Southern dessert recipe that looks quite elegant. Home-style Banana Pudding – This banana pudding is as pretty as it is delicious. Homemade Banana Pudding is the perfect Southern dessert.
Banana Pudding (momma style) instructions
- Heat oven to 350oF.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler. Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water 10 to 20 mince or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla..
- RESERVE 12 wafers for garnish. SPREAD 1 1/2 Quart baking dish. Cover with layers of 1/3 each of the remaining wafers, bananas and remaining custard. Repeat layers 2 times..
- Beat egg whites on high speed of mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over custard sealing well to edge of dish..
- BAKE 15 to 20 min or until lightly browned. Cool slightly Top with reserved wafers just before serving..
- MAKE AHEAD. PREPARE AS DIRECTED, COOL COMPLETELY. REFRIGERATE UNTIL READY TO SERVE. TOP WITH RESERVED WAFERS JUST BEFORE SERVING.
Vanilla pudding, vanilla wafers, fresh bananas You'll take Southern banana pudding to another level with this no-cook Banana Pudding Dip ready. I LOVE and adore banana pudding, real banana pudding. By real I mean the kind where you make the pudding from scratch and pour it warm over a bowl of yummy Nilla wafers and fresh cut bananas. That stuff with boxed pudding mix cannot even come close to how this tastes. Oh my husband loves a banana pudding but I hardly ever make them for him because I don't love them so much.