Bread and Butter Pudding (Y).
You can have Bread and Butter Pudding (Y) using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread and Butter Pudding (Y)
- You need 1 of White bread loaf.
- You need 1 of Margarine.
- Prepare 1 of Golden Syrup.
- You need 200 grams of of Raisins and Saltanas.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- You need 5 cup of of Milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of Cinnamon.
Bread and Butter Pudding (Y) instructions
- I would recommend trying to use a deep cassarole dish to make this as you can make a large amount..
- preheat the oven to Gas mark 3, 162 oc.
- Do a layer at a time as you can use a cut up slice of bread to fill in the gaps and save any waste of food..
- Firstly begin by buttering the bread for the first layer to prevent any waste. Apply marg to both sides of the bread then remove the crusts by cutting them off. Place the bread into the cassarole dish making sure you fill the gaps up also..
- Sprinkle the bread with raisins and saltanas. Use as many as you like or none at all. Then drizzle as much golden syrup over the bread depending how much you would prefer to use. (I would recommend 2 teaspoons per layer).
- Repeat this process till you get to the top layer. On the top layer just use golden syrup as the raisins and saltanas could burn..
- Crack all 5 eggs together in a bowl and whisk well..
- Add all the milk in a pan and heat till it almost starts bubbling. Take it off the heat and add to the beaten eggs. Mix well..
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract to the milk and eggs. Mix well..
- Once that has been made you are able to pour the mixture gradually over the bread. Pour a small amount at a time checking that the mixture is passing through..
- Once the mixture has all been added, smooth the top layer off for the bread to fuss..
- Place in oven for 30-35 mins on gas mark 3 on the top shelf..
- After that time of cooking, lower the gas mark down to gas mark 2 and move the dish to the bottom shelf. Cook for a further 15-20 mins..
- Once cooked, remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 mins before tucking in. Enjoy ;).