Australian-Style Date Pudding.
You can have Australian-Style Date Pudding using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Australian-Style Date Pudding
- Prepare 120 grams of Dates (seeds removed).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 200 ml of Boiling water.
- It’s 60 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 100 ml of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 200 ml of Self-rising flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of ★Brown sugar.
- You need 150 ml of ★Heavy cream.
- It’s 30 grams of ★Butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of ★Vanilla extract.
Australian-Style Date Pudding instructions
- Finely chop up the dates and add to a bowl. Top with the baking soda. Pour in hot water, lightly mix, and let sit for 20 minutes..
- Combine the room temperature butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Use a whisk to mix well. Once it's creamy add the egg and continue to mix..
- Add the soaked dates to Step 2 and use a spoon or spatula to mix. Sift in the flour and fold in..
- Pour into a baking pan covered with parchment paper, and bake in the preheated oven at 175℃ for 30 minutes (adjust the time depending on how it's cooking)..
- Make the caramel sauce. Add all of the ★ ingredients to a saucepan and heat. Once it starts to boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for a few minutes. Pour on top of the baked pudding and enjoy. It's most delicious when eaten warm..