Vickys Individual Trifle Puddings.
You can cook Vickys Individual Trifle Puddings using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Individual Trifle Puddings
- It’s 3 of Vickys Ladyfingers, recipe below.
- It’s of diced fruit if required eg peaches, pear.
- Prepare 1 of flavoured jelly/jello (makes 570mls), see my vegan recipe attached below.
- Prepare 1 of whole recipe of Vickys Custard (makes 570mls), linked below.
- You need 1 of Vickys Cashew Cream recipe, doubled, or my whipped coconut cream, see below.
- It’s of sprinkles for decoration.
Vickys Individual Trifle Puddings step by step
- Break off pieces of cake/ladyfingers and evenly divide between bowls to layer on the bottom of each. If using fruit put some in with the cake https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357732-vickys-ladyfingers-for-tiramisutrifle-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- Make up the jelly as the packet directs with hot water and pour evenly over the cake in each bowl. You can add some sherry, rum or brandy if you aren't serving children, just replace some of the water with the alcohol. Let set in the fridge https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333144-vickys-vegan-jellyjello-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- While the jelly sets, start making the custard.
- Birds brand in the UK is free from so you can use it to packet direction but change the milk for coconut (or soy) milk. Other milks won't stay thick when refrigerated so the cream won't sit on top. Otherwise, see my custard recipe https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332987-vickys-vanilla-custard-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- While the custard cools make the cream. You can whip up chilled full fat coconut milk if you can't tolerate cashews, see Vickys Coconut Cream recipe https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338524-vickys-whipped-coconut-cream-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332797-vickys-vegan-cashew-cream.
- I like the contrast of both as using coconut cream & coconut custard makes the whole dish quite coconutty obviously. I use vanilla extract to taste in the cashew cream plus a little powdered sugar to stiffen it up and I like to use almond extract in the custard to take the coconut edge off.
- When the custard is cool enough divide it evenly between the bowls on top of the jelly layer. Let it chill in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm a bit.
- Top with the cream.
- Decorate the top with sprinkles or thinly sliced fruit. You can pipe coconut cream to make pretty embellishments but the cashew cream won't be quite thick enough. Chill until serving.
- Depending on the size of bowls used you should get between 6 – 8 individual servings. As you can see I had 6 small bowls for the kids plus probably another 3 servings in a larger bowl as I had no more small! I also discovered I no longer have a pretty trifle bowl…..