Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding.
You can have Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding
- It’s 8 cups of stale bread cut to 1" cubes (I use homemade).
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground all spice.
- Prepare 2 of medium apples(granny smith or gala) – peeled, cored, and diced.
- It’s of Caramel Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbs of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 2 tbs of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbs of salted butter – room temperature.
Caramel Applie Pie Bread Pudding step by step
- A note before we begin! For this specific bread pudding I used homemade bread from my own recipe shared on this site. Italian bread and brioche are two of my other favorite breads to use as well, but really just about any bread will do as long as it's stale and the cubes are laid out in a single layer to air dry slightly for about 1 hrs before beginning this process. I lay.mine out on a parchment lined baking sheet then pick up the whole sheet to "pour" the bread into the custard..
- In a large bowl combine: eggs, sugar, cream, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and all spice. Whisk vigorously until mixture is thoroughly blended. I go until it looks frothy/bubbly around the edges when I stop wisking..
- Add bread cubes to custard mixture. Stir/toss gently with a wooden spoon to coat. Let sit 5 minutes then add prepared apple cubes and stir gently again to combine..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish (mine is 8x11in). Spoon bread and apples into dish in an even layer. Pour remaining custard mixture left in bowl evenly over the top of bread and apples. Let sit 15 minutes..
- Place dish in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden and center is just set. When done, remove from oven and set aside while you make the caramel sauce..
- In a small pan over medium heat whisk together brown sugar, cream, and milk. When it begins to steam whisk in the butter. Bring sauce to a boil, wisking constantly. Continue at a boil for 5 minutes to caramelize and thicken the sauce, wisking constantly..
- Remove pan from heat and immediately pour caramel sauce evenly over the entire top of your beautiful bread pudding. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to soak in a little. Cut and serve warm. Delicious topped with vanilla ice cream!.
- Cover any leftovers tightly and refrigerate. Bread pudding is just as tasty cold!.