Punkin pie bread pudding (I). Pumpkin pie and bread pudding become a dynamic duo in this delicious dessert. I put this together on a whim and loved it. Taste is more comforting than sweet.
It's like a baked french toast pumpkin pie. It can be made ahead and is wonderful for brunch or a holiday. My husband loves anything pumpkin, and this creamy, comforting pumpkin pudding recipe is one of his favorites. You can cook Punkin pie bread pudding (I) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Punkin pie bread pudding (I)
- You need 6 of large eggs.
- Prepare 15 oz of pumpkin puree.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla extra.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of nonstick cooking spray, for greasing.
- Prepare 2 loaves of brioche bread, cut into 3/4 in (2 cm) cubes.
- Prepare of toasted pecans, chopped, for garnish.
- You need of ginger, candied, minced, for garnish whipped cream, ice scream, for serving.
We make our easy pudding all year long, but it's especially nice in the fall. —Andrea Schaak, Bloomington, Minnesota. Pumpkin Bread Pudding takes chunks of bread and soaks them in a rich and spicy pumpkin flavored custard. If you think the combination of bread pudding and pumpkin pie sounds delicious, then you will love this Pumpkin Bread Pudding. Today, I'm sharing this decadent Pumpkin Pie Bread pudding w/ Caramel Sauce Recipe… It's definitely a family favorite dessert!
Punkin pie bread pudding (I) step by step
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cream, vanilla, milk, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg, and whisk to incorporate. Set aside..
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch (22×33 cm) baking dish with nonstick spray. Add the cubed bread to the dish in an even layer, then pour the pumpkin mixture on top. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, to let the bread to soak up the liquid..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Just before baking, toss the bread cubes to redistribute the liquid..
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for another 30 minutes, until the pudding is set and beginning to brown..
- Top with the pecans and candied ginger. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!.
- Notes- I was lucky to find this on sale, and it was perfect was a little harder in some spots, like using day old cut bread. I wrapped it up and stuck it in the refrigerator, checking so often, I made this in the morning, an let it sit in the refrigerator till I was ready to cook it for dessert after dinner. I did press down on it as well from time to time..
I can't believe October is nearly over and I haven't made one single recipe with pumpkin in it! (What kind of blogger am I? Ha ha…) The weather has not been very cool. All the flavors of pumpkin pie–plus a few yummy extras–go into this soothing bread pudding. Bread pudding has come a long way, baby! Once eaten by the poor in early nineteenth century England to make use of stale bread, bread pudding is now considered comfort food extraordinaire.