Basic Jiuniang (Rice Wine) 甜酒酿.
You can cook Basic Jiuniang (Rice Wine) 甜酒酿 using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Jiuniang (Rice Wine) 甜酒酿
- You need 4 of +1/4 cups sweet white rice (1000g).
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of room temperature water (after boiling).
- Prepare 1 tsp of or 4 g (half pack of Angel Rice Leaven Chinese yeast).
- It’s 2 Tsp of Sweet osmanthus + 1/2 cup boiling water (optional).
Basic Jiuniang (Rice Wine) 甜酒酿 instructions
- Make sure all tools that in contact with rice wine making are extremely clean(absolutely free from oil contamination)..
- Rinse sweet white rice 3 times and soak a few hours (minimal 2 hrs). Discard soaking water and add 2 cups of water after soaking and cook in a rice cooker..
- Once rice is done cooking in the rice cooker, take the insert pot out and fluff the rice allow it to cool down to room temperature. In the meantime, use 1 cup of boiling water to brew 1 Tsp of sweet osmanthus flower for flavor and aroma enhancement. Allow the sweet osmanthus infused water (remove flower using with a metal mesh or cheesecloth) to cool down to room temperature..
- Add sweet osmanthus water and 1.5 cups of water into the rice pot and stir to mix well. Add half pack of angel rice leven yeast 4g and stir to incorporate well..
- Transfer all the mixture into a very clean fermenting vessel. I use a Korean earthware for this job and it doesn't have to seal well because in the early stage of wine making, oxygen is necessary for fermentation..
- Temperature is the key. Ideally, keep your wine jug in a temperature anywhere between 80-90F. Taste every 12 hours and decide when you want to slow down the fermentation by transferring it to a fridge. I typically wait 24 hours before transferring it into a fridge..