Leche Flan. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This delicious dessert is known throughout the world.
You will see it everywhere around. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Leche flan is traditionally steamed in the Philippines (where ovens were uncommon for many years), but baking it in a water bath is a great alternative if you don't have a steamer. You can cook Leche Flan using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- It’s 7 of Egg yokes.
- Prepare 1 of Whole egg.
- You need 1 can of Condensed milk.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Leche flan is a popular and easy-to-make Filipino custard dessert. How do you make an easy leche flan recipe? The basic ingredients for any leche flan recipe is made up of only three major. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection.
Leche Flan instructions
- In a sauce pan cobine water and sugar in a medium heat. When it starts to boil stir occasionally until sugar turns to caramel. Transfer the caramel into flans while its hot it turns into rock hard when it cools. Note: never taste the caramel it so hot and that it can burn you..
- Whisk eggs, condensed milk and evaporated milk until it is well incorporated. Do not over whisk. Lastly add the vanilla..
- Run the mixture into a sieve while transferring into flan/ pans..
- Steam for about 30 mins or so depending on its thickness. You know when its done when its more gelatinous state when you slightly shake it..
Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping. Leche Flan Republic is the first to sell leche flan in vans in the Philippines. Leche flan is a delicious egg-based dessert popular in the Philippines, where it is served on celebratory occasions. It's a perfect pairing of sweet, rich caramel and creamy custard. I had a post about leche flan in my old kusina, but the how-to's were in a geocities page which is Some think that egg whites prevent the leche flan from turning very creamy.