Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding.
You can have Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding
- It’s of Chocolate Pudding.
- Prepare 150 grams of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 25 grams of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 400 ml of milk.
- Prepare 80 ml of double cream.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 90 grams of dark chocolate.
- You need 15 grams of butter.
- Prepare of Butterscotch Earl Grey pudding.
- It’s 660 ml of milk.
- It’s 210 grams of dark brown sugar.
- You need 6 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 30 gram of butter.
- Prepare 2 of teabags or 1 teaspoon loose leaf earl-grey.
Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding step by step
- Chocolate pudding: In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, corn starch and cocoa powder in a bowl until a thick paste is formed. (A).
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, add the cream and milk and heat to a boil. (B).
- Using a ladle, scoop hot (A) into (B), whisking all the while. This process is called tempering, where it brings the egg up to temperature so that the egg will not coagulate..
- Once you have whisked in about 3 ladles of (B), pour the egg mixture into (B), and bring up to a boil, whisking all the time until it forms the consistency of ketchup..
- At this stage, add the butter and chocolate, and allow the residual heat to melt them and combine using a spatula..
- Butterscotch earl grey pudding: Repeat the same steps done for the chocolate pudding, just in this case, using brown sugar and following the new quantities instead. Also, add your tea in to infuse the milk with the flavor..
- Transfer both puddings to separate bowls, cover with cling wrap (making sure to touch the pudding itself) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours..
- Once refrigerated, prepare to serve. Prepare serving cups. I used wine glasses(in my picture) and i piped my puddings in to get a neater presentation. You can choose to spoon in the mixture if you want..
- GARNISH (optional): 1. add fruits on top 2. Chocolate shavings 3. Whipped cream Flavor: 1. Use orange zest while infusing the milk 2. Use alcohol 3. Add extracts *notes You can choose to reduce the amounts of sugar up to 100g each. The results will just not be as sweet. Highly recommend NOT to change it for butterscotch as the brown sugar not only gives it sweetness, it provides the butterscotch flavor. So only change the amount of sugar in the chocolate pudding if you must..