Upside down Apple Bread Pudding. This apple bread pudding is designed to work like an upside down cake. You put the fruit on the bottom, then when the apple bread pudding is done, you flip it over and remove the pan so the fruit is on top. Feel free to add a shot of your favorite liquor to the custard before mixing it with the bread.
My father loves, absolutely loves bread pudding. Along with blueberries and apple pie. While I also dearly love bread pudding, sometimes I just want a treat that. You can cook Upside down Apple Bread Pudding using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Upside down Apple Bread Pudding
- It’s 2 of Large Apples.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 8-10 of Bread Slices.
- Prepare 2 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need Pinch of Salt (Avoid if using salted butter).
Upside down Apple Bread Pudding step by step
- Cut out the sides of the bread slices and further cut it into equal pieces. Set aside..
- If making in one cake pan, put the butter in a 9 inch round cake pan. Place it in a cold oven and preheat the oven. Watch the butter. When it melts, take out the pan..
- In the pan, mix 1/2 cup Brown Sugar into the butter and pat it evenly over the pan bottom. Set aside. Core and slice the Apple into 8 equal pieces, then cut each piece one more time to make 16 slices. Arrange the slices like flower petals on top of the butter-sugar mixture in the pan..
- To fill the gaps in the middle, cut a few triangular Apple pieces and arrange in the middle..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon powder and salt. Add the milk and stir to combine. Beat in the eggs. Drop in the bread pieces and mix till the bread absorbs the liquid..
- Scoop the bread mixture into the cake pan and pat it down evenly on top of the apples and butter-sugar mixture. You can either steam it or bake it..
- If steaming, place in a steamer and steam it on medium flame for 25-30 minutes..
- If baking in Air Fryer, bake for about 30-35 minutes..
- If baking in oven, place it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 400 F..
- After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 300 F and continue to bake for another 30 minutes or until the temperature in the middle of the bread pudding reaches 175 F. Remove from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes..
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the pudding. Then top the pan with a plate and invert. Give it a slight tap on top. The bread pudding should drop neatly on to the plate. Continue cooling for another 30 minutes..
- Serve slightly warm or place in the refrigerator and chill completely..
- Cut into slices and Serve..
Tastes excellent, but I didn't like the texture of it. Apple Pie Bread Pudding. featured in Impressive Thanksgiving pies. From easy apple bread pudding to fluffy apple pancakes, here are great apple dessert recipes that aren't your basic apple pie. Joanne Chang is the queen of all things pastry, and her maple syrup-infused apple upside-down cake is no exception. Where's the receipt do I can Wright it down?