Easy Black Forest Pudding Pie.
You can cook Easy Black Forest Pudding Pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Black Forest Pudding Pie
- You need of pie shell.
- You need 1 of frozen deep dish pie shell, uncooked.
- You need 12 oz of dark chocolate chips.
- It’s of pudding filling.
- Prepare 2 of boxes of your favorite instant chocolate pudding 3.56 ounce boxes.
- You need 3 cup of whole milk.
- You need of black forest top.
- It’s 1 of jar cherry topping, 14.4 ounce jar.
- It’s of whipped cream topping.
- It’s 8 oz of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vailla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 of packet dream whip, this stabilizes the whipped cream.
- It’s of add ons.
- It’s 8 of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
Easy Black Forest Pudding Pie instructions
- Start making the instant pudding using pie filling instructions. Let chill 3 hours. It should be 3 cups cold whole milk for the two packages..
- Now start making your whipped cream. In a large mixing bowl using whisk add cream, dream whip, vanilla. Start mixing on low speed. Slowly add powdered sugar and start increasing speed. Whisk on high until firm peaks in whipped cream form. Chill while pudding chills..
- Blind bake the pie shell as per package directions. Once done let it completely cool on a cooling rack..
- Once pie crust has completely cooled, you will start to make a chocolate coating. This adds more chocolate goodness but also prevents crust from getting soggy..
- In a double boiler using medium heat, add chips..
- Let chips melt a bit then stir them in double boiler until chocolate is smooth and completely melted. Pour chocolate into cool pie crust. Using a pastry brush, brush chocolate all over the bottom and up the sides. Try to keep this coat evenly spread. Let cool while pudding still sets..
- To completely assemble the pie. Spoon in pudding mix. Top with cherry filling. You can top the entire pie with whipped cream or you can declaratively pipe whipped cream on. Chill 1/2 hour before serving..
- Recipe by taylor68too..