Easy Homemade Chocolate Pudding for Two – with Hazelnuts and Cherries. MY MOTHER used to make this dessert whenever she could. During the Depression it was hard to find chocolate, but when she found some, she saved enough to make this pudding. I make it now and think of her every time I prepare it.
Homemade chocolate pudding has always been a favorite dessert of mine. When a pudding is thick, rich, velvety smooth, and has an Because pudding is such an easy dessert recipe to make, I make it fairly often. Believe it or not, chocolate pudding is a dessert that I will even serve at dinner parties. You can have Easy Homemade Chocolate Pudding for Two – with Hazelnuts and Cherries using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Homemade Chocolate Pudding for Two – with Hazelnuts and Cherries
- You need 3 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 160 ml of full fat milk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 5 tsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 10-15 of cherries.
- It’s 2 handfuls of hazelnuts, toasted.
This is an easy and delicious recipe. The quickest way to a child's heart is with pudding. I never had any problems getting my kids to eat their vegetables. Homemade chocolate pudding is so rich and creamy for an amazing treat.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Pudding for Two – with Hazelnuts and Cherries step by step
- Mix the egg and sugar in a medium pot or saucepan..
- Add milk and sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Sifting helps keep the clumps out. On low-medium heat, bring the pudding to a simmer, whisking constantly so it doesn't clump up. When it comes to a boil, immediately remove from heat for a very saucy pudding or let it simmer for a minute for a thicker pudding..
- Continue to stir the pudding after removing from heat, then transfer to another bowl to cool..
- Meanwhile, toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan (no oil) until starting to brown on some sides. Put into a bowl to let cool, then crush or crumble up..
- Cut cherries in half and remove pits..
- Once the pudding has cooled somewhat, you can set up your layers. I started with a layer of cherries and hazelnuts on the bottom of two small bowls….
- Then added some of the pudding and another layer of cherries and hazelnuts….
- And on top a final layer of pudding and a couple cherries and hazelnuts for decoration. Cover with plastic and let chill. Enjoy!.
Your family will thank you later. Making chocolate pudding from scratch is easy to do at home, and only requires a Although store-bought chocolate puddings are actually pretty decent in terms of flavor and quality, I absolutely To start, place two egg yolks into a bowl. Homemade chocolate pudding has been forgotten about and we have no idea why. Sure, instant is EASY, but is it best? With little effort you'll have a smooth, creamy, and rich pudding.