Simple Dry Fruits Kheer.
You can have Simple Dry Fruits Kheer using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Dry Fruits Kheer
- You need 1 litre of milk whole (you could use skimmed but it is not that tasty).
- It’s 1 small cup of basmati rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsps of vanilla essence (secret ingredient).
- You need 4 – 5 tbsps of sugar or as required.
- Prepare 2 – 3 tbsps of brown sugar.
- You need 10 – 15 of almonds / badam , blanched and sliced.
- Prepare 10 – 15 of cashews /kaju.
- It’s 2 tbsps of raisins.
- You need 1/2 tsps of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream.
Simple Dry Fruits Kheer step by step
- Soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes..
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pan, stirring occasionally so as to avoid the milk from burning. Drain the water from the soaked rice and add it to the simmering milk. Stir occasionally..
- Cook the kheer on low flame for about 10-15 minutes, and keep stirring after every 2 to 3 minutes. You will see that the kheer has become thick. You can test it by letting the kheer fall from the stirring spoon..
- Now add white sugar to the kheer and let it cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Continue to stir often so that lumps are not formed. Simmer the milk and let the rice grains cook. The whole process of cooking the rice in the milk takes about approx. 30-35 minutes on a low flame..
- Meanwhile dry roast almonds and cashews in pan both sides aprox. 5 minutes till slightly golden brown. Let cool..
- Kheer would also thicken by now. Now add sliced nuts and brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence. You will notice a color change. Cook for another 10 mins on medium low heat. The kheer would also thicken by then. Keep on scraping the sides and stirring..
- Lastly add cream and stir well. The kheer is ready now. Garnish it with raisins, sliced almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts, dates or saffron. I used roasted almonds..
- Serve the rice kheer hot or warm. This rice kheer stays good for 2 days in the refrigerator..