Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans.
You can cook Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans
- It’s 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water (to add at the beginning).
- You need 1 of to 2 tablespoons ●Water (to add later).
Easy Caramel Sauce for Custard Flans instructions
- Measure the sugar and 1 tablespoon of water, and put into a pan. You don't have to dissolve the sugar. Measure out the ● water you will add later, and prepare in a cup..
- Start heating over a medium-high heat. It will gradually bubble up..
- Keep watching it, and you'll see it starting to brown from the edges..
- When all of the syrup has browned, turn off the heat. It will keep cooking and the flavor will continue to deepen, so watch out! If you like bitter caramel wait for a while before adding the water. If you prefer less bitter caramel or you're serving this to little kiddies, add the ● water immediately. It will splatter, so be careful..
- Shake the pan to even out the consistency of the mixture. If you added too much water, put the pan back on the heat to evaporate some..
- Pour the caramel sauce into flan or pudding cups while it's still hot. If you don't add it right away, it will harden! Swirl the cups around so that the sauce is evenly distributed. When the surface of the sauce hardens and no longer sticks to your fingers when you touch it, add the flan mixture and get going!.