Easy in the Microwave! Pudding in a Mug with Variations. Great recipe for Easy in the Microwave! Pudding in a Mug with Variations. Pudding in a Mug with Variations Recipe by cookpad.japan.
Pudding in a Mug with Variations. Lávate las manos y mantén una distancia social. Consulta nuestros recursos para adaptarte a estos tiempos. You can have Easy in the Microwave! Pudding in a Mug with Variations using 5 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy in the Microwave! Pudding in a Mug with Variations
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Sugar (for the caramel).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 130 ml of Milk.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Sugar (for the pudding).
- Prepare 2 or 3 drops of Vanilla essence/extract.
It's almost criminal that this delicious self-saucing microwave pudding in a cup can be so easy to make! Serve hot or cold. (Variations: Add chocolate chips to hot mixture to make chocolate pudding. Just a matter of spooning in flour, cocoa, sugar and milk. Topping with a sprinkling of cocoa and brown sugar and then some hot water.
Easy in the Microwave! Pudding in a Mug with Variations step by step
- Put the 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of water into a warmed mug and microwave (600 W) until it becomes a slightly burnt caramel..
- Stop the microwave when the caramel takes on a slightly burnt colour and a bit of smoke rises It generally takes just a little over a minute, but watch it carefully. If the colour isn't dark enough, give it a bit of extra time. Be careful not to microwave it for too long..
- Add another half teaspoon of water to the caramel you made in Step 1. Since the mug is hot, the water may spit. It's very hot water, so be careful! Roll the mug around so the water and sugar mix together and the caramel solidifies slightly..
- Break the egg into a bowl, and beat it as hard as you can. It's alright if it froths up a bit..
- Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar to the egg from Step 4, and add the milk in 2 or 3 batches while stirring well. If you have it, mix the vanilla essence in as well..
- Pour the egg mixture (Step 5) into the mug on top of the caramel you made in Step 3. Without mixing it, microwave (600 W) for 2 minutes! To check the pudding, don't cover it with plastic wrap, and watch it carefully..
- When you see the pudding bubbling up for 3 seconds straight, it's finished. Stop and take the mug out immediately..
- Quickly cover the top of the mug with plastic wrap and wrap the mug in towels to retain the heat. Pinch your nose and chant "pudding pudding pudding" 3 times. Let it sit for 10 minutes to let the residual heat solidify the pudding..
- After it's cooled, chill the pudding in the fridge. Even if it doesn't completely gel and is a bit runny, it is still delicious. In the winter, you may like the warm pudding just as it is to warm the body and heart!.
- Because there's moisture in the pudding, it doesn't stick to the sides of the cup, so turn it out onto something like a plate, cut it up and enjoy. I was able to slice it..
- When making the caramel, add just enough drops of water to make it syrupy. Microwave until it burns and a little smoke burns upt Add time as needed based on the caramel's appearance. Be careful not to let it cook for too long..
- Royal milk tea variation: This is without caramel, so Steps 1 and 2 are unnecessary, and you can start from Step 3..
- Put 150 ml of milk into a mug along with 3 tablespoons of sugar and a black tea bag. Microwave it until it boils gently, then let it sit for 10 minutes (while you prepare the egg in a bowl as in Step 4)..
- Remove the tea bag and make the recipe as normal from Step 5 until the end. However, the time in the microwave is shorter in the tea version. Make a strong tea to replace the caramel. Using milk coffee or cocoa powder would be good too!.
- I have received many reports from people who used soy milk, so I tried using it myself. Surprisingly, it didn't change the flavour that much, but it tasted healthier..
- In addition, if you replace the egg with nigari (magnesium chloride solution), you can make your own tofu. That's even easier! "Homemade tofu in a mug?!"..
Very successful to make with two small grandkids. I made the first one in the biggest (and they are huge) mug I own, and ended up with cake all over the sides of it and the floor of the microwave. So I cut out a circular chunk and mugged it up. Get your fruit dessert fix with the apple pie mug cake or the blueberry muffin mug cake below. Some of these recipes even count as healthy desserts , like the flourless chocolate mug cake, which is paleo-friendly.