Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer.
You can cook Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer
- You need 2 cup of vermicelli wheat vermicelli.
- Prepare 2 l of full fat milk You can use low fat milk.
- You need 1 cup of sugar or more as per sweetness needed.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of ghee clarified butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of saffron strands.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almonds blanched, skin removed and slivered.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pistachio blanched, skin removed and slivered.
Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer step by step
- Heat ghee/clarified butter in a big thick bottom pot on a medium heat. Once the ghee is melted, lower the heat and add broken vermicelli /seviyaan to it. Roast vermicelli on low heat till turns golden. The vermicelli will become golden in 2-4 minutes.
- Pour the milk over it and mix well. Cook the milk on medium heat. Continously stir the milk to avoid the milk and vermicelli from sticking to the bottom of the pan. The milk and vermicelli will start to boil after 8-10 minutes. Add sugar once the milk start to boiling. Mix well and cook till sugar gets dissolve and vermicelli softens..
- The vermicelli will start to float on the milk. Add the blanched and chopped almonds and pistachios to the milk. Mix well. Add nutmeg powder. Mix well..
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Add saffron strands and mix well. Mix well and cook till the milk thickens..
- The vermicelli kheer is ready to serve. Serve the seviyan kheer/sev ni kheer/vermicelli kheer hot or chilled..