You can cook Malva Pudding using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malva Pudding
- Prepare 250 ml of castor sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 15 ml of smooth apricot jam.
- Prepare 310 ml of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 5 ml of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1 ml of salt.
- You need 30 ml of butter.
- Prepare 1,5 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 125 ml of milk.
- Prepare of ●● Sauce ●●.
- It’s 500 ml of fresh cream.
- Prepare 125 ml of butter.
- You need 125 ml of brown sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It’s 30 ml of brandy (optional).
Malva Pudding instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the castor sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
- Add the smooth apricot jam and vinegar then mix well..
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together..
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the milk..
- Fold the milk mixture into the main mixture..
- Pour into a medium to large greased baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean..
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and stir over moderate heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved..
- Pierce the hot pudding several times with a skewer so that the sauce can be absorbed. Pour over the sauce and rest for 10 minutes. Serve with custard or cream..