You can have Rice Kheer using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Kheer
- Prepare 6 cups of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of water helps to avoid burning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice.
- Prepare 6-8 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder or elaichi (about 2 to 3 pods).
- Prepare 10-15 of cashews.
- Prepare 20-25 of almonds chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoon of sweet raisins (optional).
Rice Kheer instructions
- Pour ¼ cup water to a large heavy bottom pot. This prevents kheer from getting scorched at the bottom. Boil the milk..
- Soak rice in water for about twenty minutes. Add drained rice and begin to cook on a medium flame until the rice is soft, completely cooked and lightly mushy..
- Keep stirring often to prevent the milk getting scorched at the bottom. Stir in the sugar and continue to cook until the rice kheer turns thick..
- Add cardamom powder, rose water and nuts. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Turn off when the rice kheer reaches a desired consistency. Kheer thickens once it cools down. Garnish rice kheer with more nuts and serve..