Whosayna’s Biscuit Custard Pudding. This dessert recipe is very easy to prepare and calls for very simple ingredients which are commonly available in our shelves. A unique pudding – fruits mixed in custard and spread over powdered biscuit layer and topped with jelly. For more recipes related to Biscuit Custard Pudding checkout Cookie Ice Cream, Ginger Biscuit Pudding, Baked Cheesecake, Chocolate Cookie Cheese Cake.
I left out the cocoa powder and the part about the boiling water. The biscuit pudding turned out just like my mother use to cook it. This old-fashioned biscuit pudding recipe will bring back fond memories for many people, and it is a great way to use leftover biscuits! You can have Whosayna’s Biscuit Custard Pudding using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whosayna’s Biscuit Custard Pudding
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Condensed milk.
- It’s 3 cups of Whip Cream.
- You need 3 cups of Vanilla Custard.
- It’s 2-3 of pkts Digestive or Marie Biscuits.
- It’s 1 tsp of Gelatine soaked in 2 tbsp hot water.
- It’s 1 cup of Warm Milk (put in bowl).
- You need 1 tbsp of Vanilla Essence.
- It’s of Cocoa (for sprinkling).
- It’s 1 of Flake Chocolate.
- Prepare of Vanilla Custard:.
- Prepare 3 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Custard Powder.
Some of you will have fond childhood memories of this pudding, but even if you have never heard of it, you have to appreciate our grandparents' or. Japanese caramel custard pudding is called "Purin". Obviously, the name "Purin" is from the word pudding. But the pudding in western countries and Japanese purin are quite different, they are not the same thing.
Whosayna’s Biscuit Custard Pudding step by step
- Make Custard: Boil milk with, little sugar, condensed milk and custard powder, stir it till it boils remove from flame and cover it. Beat whip cream till peaks are formed fold in condensed milk, essence and gelatine mix well. Keep the bowl in freezer. Lay (whole) digestive biscuits in a medium sized casserole. Make another layer of digestive biscuits, the entire base should be covered with biscuits Then sprinkle warm milk on.
- Pour vanilla custard on biscuits and level it, sprinkle crumbled flake chocolate over custard. Then put another layer of digestive biscuits, just one layer covering entire custard layer. Sprinkle warm milk carefully on biscuits. Remove cream from freezer and pour cream mixture on biscuits, level it. Sprinkle cocoa powder on entire pudding. Put cling film and let it set in fridge for 4-5 hrs or overnight..
Southern biscuits are the perfect fictional device for telling the narratives of Southern families. One cook makes his biscuits with White Lily flour only because that's how his Maw Mae did it. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with the sugar on low speed. Cover the cup with a plate and flip the plate and cup over. This eggless chocolate biscuit pudding is not typically topped with anything, but personally, I always like to top it with some cashews and melted chocolate sauce – just to add another dimension of texture and more chocolate decadence!