You can have Cabbage Pudding using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Pudding
- It’s 1 packages of cole slaw mix.
- You need 1 of sleeve saltine crackers.
- It’s 1 quart of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of grated cheddar or colby cheese (optional).
Cabbage Pudding step by step
- Crumble saltine crackers..
- Mix crumbled saltines, cole slaw mix (12-16 ounces), and cheese if using. Fresh cabbage can be used instead, if desired..
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. I suggest approximately 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Use less if adding the cheese or it will be too salty..
- Pour the quart of cream over all in the large bowl, mixing uniformly..
- Put in greased 2-quart casserole dish. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. This will puff up some as it bakes and go down when taken out of the oven..